We are looking for a proactive, efficient church custodian who possesses an understanding of proper cleaning methods and a respect for Mountainview’s Mission and Vision. The church custodian will ensure that all publicly accessible areas of the church are clean and ready for use.
Tasks may include minor repairs, changing light bulbs, vacuuming, sweeping and scrubbing floors, sanitizing surfaces, and restocking items, such as toilet paper, paper towels, and other supplies. You may also maintain supply inventory, submit purchase requests, and assist with preparations for events, such as weddings, funerals, building rentals, and all church events.
To be a successful custodian, you should be observant, respectful, motivated, and committed to providing church members, visitors, and staff with a clean, orderly place to gather. You should also be knowledgeable about proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques and have the ability to make basic repairs.
Church Custodian Responsibilities:
- Maintaining clean church facilities by performing weekly duties and daily spot cleaning in all public areas of the building, including bathrooms, worship center, kitchens, and meeting rooms.
- Working with other maintenance team members and church staff to ensure that all areas are cleaned and stocked with necessary items.
- Observing proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents, including wearing gloves, goggles, or masks and following written or verbal instructions.
- Performing maintenance, such as changing light bulbs and restocking bathrooms, and making repairs.
- Assisting with event preparations and clean up.
- Taking inventory of cleaners and other supplies and submitting requests when items need to be replenished.
- Interacting with church staff and visitors in a respectful, positive manner.
Church Custodian Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Custodial experience or training may be required.
- Understanding of cleaning techniques and safety procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Strong communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to adjust their schedule to suit the needs of the church.
- Motivation to work independently or with others to provide thorough, efficient custodial services to the church.
Part time / 20 - 25 hours per week.
Compensation / $12.50 hourly