Let's take a walk through the Salvation story...
God created mankind in His own image to be His friend and experience a full life. He intended for us to have a close and unspoiled relationship with Him.
The trouble came when we chose to disobey God (commit sin) and go our own way. This caused us to be separated from God. Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23a, Isaiah 59:2
On our own, there is no way we can bridge the gap separating us from God. Mankind has tried many ways - without success. Good works can't do it...or religion...or money...or morality...or philosophy...or substances... Proverbs 14:12
Jesus Christ is the only answer to our separated-from-God condition. He died on the cross and paid the penalty for our sin. He resurrected from the dead, giving us new life. He created a bridge across the gap between mankind and God.
This. Is. Grace. 1 Timothy 2:5, Romans 5:8, 1 Peter 3:18-22
Active faith means belief, obedience and commitment - acknowledging our sinfulness, accepting Christ's forgiveness, and letting Him take control of our life. Eternal, abundant life is His gift for us to receive. John 3:16, Hebrews 11:6, Acts 2:38-39, Romans 6:23b
Here's how to cross the "grace bridge":
1. Believe - "I believe (have faith) that Jesus Christ died for me on the cross."
2. Repent - "I have decided to turn from my sins and turn to Jesus."
3. Confess - "I confess Jesus as Savior and Lord of my life from now on."
4. Be baptized - "I allow my old self to be buried in water so I am new in Jesus Christ."
5. Walk with God - "I commit, with God's help, to live by the Bible's standards."
Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 2:38, Matthew 10:32, Romans 6:4-7, Philippians 2:12-13
Yes, you really can be sure you have eternal life! Cross the bridge through Jesus' cross.
Ephesians 3:12, 1 John 5:12-13
We repeat... This is the most important decision you will ever make...
Are you in? Do you belong to Jesus? We'd love to help...