First and Foremost, we want to help you BELONG to Jesus.
God created mankind in His own image to be His friend and to experience a full life. He intended for mankind to have a close and continuing relationship with Him.
The Problem: Our Sin
Trouble came when we chose to disobey God (commit sin) and go our own way. This resulted in separation from God. Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23a, Isaiah 59:2
On our own, there is no way we can span the gap separating us from God. Mankind has tried many ways...all without success. Good works can't do it...or religion...or money...or morality...or philosophy...or substances... Proverbs 14:12
God's Solution: The Cross
Jesus Christ is the only answer to our problem. He died on the cross, paying the penalty for our sin, thereby creating a bridge across the gap between God and mankind. This is grace. 1 Timothy 2:5, Romans 5:8, 1 Peter 3:18-22
Our Response: Active Faith
Active faith means belief, obedience and commitment - acknowledging our sinfulness, accepting Christ's forgiveness and letting Him take control of our life. Eternal, abundant life is a gift for us to receive.
John 3:16, Hebrews 11:6, Acts 2:38-39, Romans 6:23b
Here's how to cross the "grace bridge":
1. Believe - I believe (have faith) that Jesus Christ died for me on the cross.
2. Repent - I have decided to turn from my sins and turn to Jesus as Master.
3. Confess - I confess Jesus as Lord and Master of my life from now on.
4. Be baptized - I allow my old self and sins to be buried in water so I am made new.
5. Walk with God - I commit, with God's help, to live by the Bible's standards.
Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 2:38, Matthew 10:32, Romans 6:4-7, Philippians 2:12-13
You can be sure you have eternal life. Cross the bridge - Jesus' cross and grace. Ephesians 3:12, 1 John 5:12-13